Glaze testing

IMG_3840

I’ve finally started my glaze testing. I’ve decided to do colour tests on the same base glaze. I will then try a different base glaze and do more colour tests.

Initially the base glaze I’ve chosen is

I am starting with winter colours. First I wanted to use cobalt oxide but there wasn’t any in uni so I’ve used cobalt carbonate. Next week I’ll do a test with cobalt oxide. I also tested black iron oxide.

The colour percentages I did I did for both are 0.25% – 0.50% – 0.75% – 1% and – 1.25%

10 test tiles of each were done with half being fired in oxidation the second in reduction. Both at stoneware. Just need to see how they turn out now.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s